MAAD is a full day’s workshop created by Ken Nathan and Carol Musgrave to equip service providers, parents, carers, teachers, law enforcement and anyone working with angry adolescents with skills to understand their anger and manage them proactively. It was created in response to requests from parents of teen participants of RAGE groups and service providers working with adolescents.
The MAAD workshop focuses on -
· Understanding the drivers of adolescent anger including brain development, attachment disruption and experiences of neglect and abuse.
· Developing skills to engage at risk adolescents effectively and manage challenging behaviours.
MAAD workshop content addresses-
· Theoretical base for working with angry adolescents
· Understanding the adolescent brain
· Profiles of violent teens
· Features of violent adolescents
· Creative engagement
· De-escalation skills
· Skills to teach adolescents
· Self care
"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see" John W. Whitehead